These pancakes are gluten and sugar free, healthy and so satisfying. Perfect for your post-yoga breakfast or as a healthy treat for your weekend brunch!
Rich in protein and minerals, they provide an excellent energy source to refuel after a workout or your morning yoga practice.
1 tbsp coconut flour
1 tbsp ground tiger nuts (chufa)
1 banana, mashed
pinch of vanilla
1 tbsp milk of choice (I use a light coconut-rice milk)
handful of blueberries (fresh or frozen)
1 tsp coconut oil
Whisk together the egg, coconut flour, tiger nuts, mashed up banana, milk and vanilla. Heat coconut oil in a small pan and pour in the batter. Let it cook for a couple of minutes. Then place the blueberries on one half of it and carefully fold the other half over it. Let it cook for another few minutes and make sure the inside is cooked. Arrange on a plate with some strawberries and sprinkle some cinnamon on top.
Some information about tiger nuts:
Tiger nuts are little known nutritional powerhouses with a high energy content:
- Very high in fiber and good for the digestive tract
- Their high energy content make them an excellent food for people doing sports or studying
- Relatively high in protein
- Keep blood sugar levels stable
- High in minerals such as calcium, magnesium, iron, potassium and phosphorous
- High in vitamins C and E
Enjoy nourishing your body with these delicious pancakes!